I've decided to stay on three for the time being, however to subsidise their answerphone charges I and my finacée have now had to pay, I've switched my netbook to use an O2 SIM instead. Cost to me, nothing (I still pay O2 but have a larger download limit), cost to three.co.uk, £5-£10 a month.
Original post follows:
Basically I'm on Flat 12 tariff on the three network and a few minutes ago I texted new terms and conditions changes taking place from April 2nd.
Frankly I'm pissed off - here's the changes in summary (excluding international and special number price hikes):
- Now charging 15p/min for voice mail/spam/skype spam that goes to your answer phone (this was free).
- Trying to cut down their facebook bandwidth by offering facebook without pictures - text only - who does that really benefit three?
- Free twitter - whoopie do. I don't twitter, but I bet three'll pull in some nice cross subsidy deal for this.
- Telling me my calls to other mobile networks have gone up to 25p/min (I'm on flat 12, that's 12p for those idiots at three that can't count - I haven't changed my contract!)
- Making out the existing unchanged free internet allowance and free texts are some great offers to make up for this price hike!!!
- Tell me they are still better than their competitors (obviously running full damage control here - they know this'll be unpopular and cause people to leave). Orange used to say the same thing.
- Hides the terms and conditions off their main website but sends you a link by phone to abbreviated stuff just meant to annoy.
Oh yes I can still get free Skype calls, but with all the recent outages, disconnects and failed logins I can't exactly rely on it - or is that the point?!
If this all goes through three can look forward to losing a large number of customers if they've got the nouse not to get fleeced by Three Telecom.